APPLICATION FOR A GRANT OF REPRESENTATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATE
Hourly rate £220 plus VAT
The exact number of hours required to deal with the matter will depend on the circumstances of the matter, and whether we are required to obtain only the Grant or also administer the Estate.
Factors which may increase the hours spent on the matter:
- Foreign assets or liabilities
- Claiming a Residence Nil-rate band, Transferable Residence Nil-Rate bank or a Transferable Nil-Rate band.
- Deceased’s interest in Trusts or other estates
- Investigation into missing family members and or determining appropriate parties in intestacy.
Anticipated Disbursements (including VAT):
Probate Court application fee*: £155
Copies of Grant of Probate (each)*: £0.50p
Oath fees (each Executor or Administrator)**: £7.00
Probate Valuation of property**: £600
*Please note that these fees are the current Court fees, and may from time to time be changed by the Courts.
** These are only estimates of the anticipated disbursements.
- Review of documentation and information provided by you with regard to the assets and debts of the deceased. Calculation of the value of the estate by corresponding with the asset and liability holders.
- Preparation of the relevant HM Revenue & Customs Inheritance Tax forms and Oath
- Provide the relevant forms to you for review and signature.
- Deal with any enquiries raised by the HMRC in relation to the Inheritance Tax return
- Submission of the Will, Oath and Inheritance forms to the Probate Registry for the Grant
- Prepare Estate Account to deal with the collection of assets and payment of debts and distribution of the balance of the Estate, once the Grant has been obtained
Work which is not included:
- Sale of any properties
- Claims made against the Estate
- The deceased’s Income Tax and CGT affairs prior to death, and the estate’s Income Tax and CGT affairs
- If further assets are discovered after the relevant forms are submitted to the HMRC and/or the Probate Registry, it is your responsibility to inform the HMRC. We can, if instructed, assist you with this, but this will be under a separate retained with us.